||Formal establishment of Nanyang Technological Institute (NTI) with 3 Schools of Engineering |
- Civil and Structural, Electrical and Electronic and Mechanical and Production
||First batch of Engineering students admitted|
- Graduated the first cohort of engineering students.
- Recognised as “One of the world’s best engineering institutions” by the Commonwealth Engineering Council.
||Debut of PhD and Masters (Research) programmes.|
||Set up of the School of Applied Science.|
||First Computer Engineering degree programme introduced in Singapore.|
||Degree programme in Materials Engineering introduced.|
||Merlion communication payload successfully launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan |
- The largest non-commercial mini satellite ever launched by an educational institution.
||School of Applied Science reorganised as School of Computer Engineering and School of Materials Engineering.|
||NTU College of Engineering (CoE) formally established.|
||School of Civil and Structural Engineering renamed as School of Civil and Environmental Engineering|
||Degree programme in Bioengineering offered.|
||Degree programmes in Environmental Engineering, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Computer Science and Maritime Studies offered.|
- Establishment of the 6th Engineering School
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering.
- School of Mechanical and Production Engineering renamed as School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering; and School of Materials Engineering renamed as School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Singapore’s first-ever Aerospace Engineering Degree programme offered.
- Launch of Singapore’s only double degree in business and engineering.
- Reorganisation of College of Engineering after NTU’s Corporatisation on 1 April.
- Setting up of NTU’s Provost-College System
- Degree programme in Information Engineering and Media offered
- Double degree programmes in Economics and Engineering offered
- Second major programme in Maritime Studies and Business offered
- NTU received the Excellence in Training Development award at the Singapore International Maritime Awards ceremony
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering awarded Frost and Sullivan Asia Pacific Aerospace and Defense Awards for its aerospace engineering programme
College of Engineering welcomed its inaugural Visiting Committee
- Launch of Bachelor of Engineering in a Chosen Major with a Second Major in Business Programme
- Launch of Bachelor Engineering in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering with a Second Major in Food Science and Technology Programme
Launch of Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Electrical and Electronic Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with a Second Major in Society and Urban Systems Programme
- School of Computer Engineering renamed as School of Computer Science and Engineering
- Launch of Bachelor of Engineering in Bioengineering/Materials Engineering with a Second Major in Pharmaceutical Engineering Programme
- Launch of Bachelor of Engineering in Bioengineering with a Second Major in Food Science and Technology Programme
- Launch of Bachelor of Engineering in Materials Engineering with a Second Major in Medical Biology Programme
||Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence offered|